SAP Personnel Actions
A Personnel Action includes all the necessary infotypes, displayed in a logical sequence, for which data must be entered for a particular HR event like hiring, termination,change of position, org. management, etc.
Enter Transaction PA40.
After you click enter,will appear a window with following sections:
- Personnel Number: In this field, you enter the employee’s personnel number, expect when executing the “Hiring” action, as it may be generated automatically by the system.
- Start: In this field, you enter the start date applicable to the personnel action.
- Action Type: In this section, you select the appropriate personnel action.
Lets execute an Hiring Action in SAP.
- Enter the hiring date in the Start field.
- Select Hire from the Action Type list.
- Click to execute the transaction.
In the next SAP screen
- The Start date.
- Check the Action Type is correct.(Hire).
- Enter the Reason for Action.
- Enter the Personnel Area.
- Enter Enter the Employee group.
- Enter the Employee subgroup.
Click the Save Button. Personnel Number is automatically geenrated.